POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : the umpteenth time: removed features :( : the umpteenth time: removed features :( Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  the umpteenth time: removed features :(
From: Karl J  Anders
Date: 15 Jun 2002 02:39:05
Message: <3d0ae109$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

with all due respect to the amount of work the team has put into
this software ( and is still putting into, of course ) I can't refrain
from stating that I don't like two changes that have been made:

- removing an operator in release candidate (!) #6 (^)
- the often discussed problem about vnormalize( <0,0,0> ) = 0

The second issue breaks probably thousands of scenes, so it should be
at least mentioned in the chapter about "changed features that may break old
scenes". I think that quite a few people have written ( or are writing right
now ) macros to reproduce the old behaviour. I propose to add such a macro
to an appropriate include file ( or even better, reinstate old behaviour ;)

Greetings

Karl
--
The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
(H.Ellison)